As the name suggests, a family lawyer looks after all legal issues concerning any member of a family. The legal issues may include divorce, guardianship, child custody, etc. Many times, family lawyers act as mediators when family disagreements develop.
Here are some of the key roles and responsibilities of family lawyers:
- A Fort Lauderdale family lawyer helps manage legal issues between family members.
- A family lawyer may file legal documents, take part in mediation sessions, and provide advice to his/her clients.
- Most family lawyers represent clients in divorce proceedings and other matters related to divorce.
- A family law attorney can help to dissolve a civil union.
- Family law attorneys mostly advise clients in litigious or non-litigious matters concerning family structures and rights.
- In case of adoption, including agency adoptions, private adoptions, identified adoption, or international adoption, a family law attorney can provide all the required legal help.
If you are dealing with family legal issues and disputes, an experienced family law lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can help you. As far as the cost of family law professionals is concerned, many family lawyers offer flexible payment arrangements to fit the financial needs of their clients.