Are you facing child support issues? When parents no longer live together, one parent often ends up paying child support. Hiring a child support lawyer can help you determine what your options are when it comes to getting the other parent to pay child support. Getting help from a professional attorney will help you navigate the legal system, and if possible, get you the money your child needs.
Child support can be included as part of your divorce settlement, and if you are an unmarried parent seeking legal help, an experienced child support attorney in Fort Lauderdale can streamline the entire process for you. He/she can help you by:
- Filing a petition for support and requesting a child support order
- Answering a child support petition
- Setting up paternity
- Proving income
- Locating the other parent
- Determining the factors the court will look at in calculating the amount of support
- Explaining your child support enforcement options and provide estimates of how much support you can receive
- Explaining the tax consequences of a child support order
- Representing you in court
The cost of a child support case largely depends on the goals.